Thursday, October 15, 2009

Robbed of Robbin

Growing up I never watched the classic Disney tale of Robbin Hood. (I have seen every other Disney movie I do believe.) Though I know the story very well I have never gotten around to seeing the Disney version of it.
But I put it on today (go figure I have the movie). I see a lot of borrowing from other movies? Little John. He is a big bear. As in Baloo from the Jungle Book. And guess what? They are both voiced by the same actor. Oh Walt. Were you unable to find another man willing to play the slightly goofy fat bears? And then Robbin's outfit. Who does it remind you of?? Looks very much like Peter Pan's does it not? Originality is failing.




More similarities!!! The hen. Who's name in the movie I am not grasping momentarily. Well. Little miss Henny sounds and acts very much like the geese in Aristocats. I do believe its a different actress.But she does act the same. Its a shame that the biggest producer of childrens' movies has so much redundancy.
Again drawing upon Aristocats. I do believe one of the bunnies is the same voice as one of Dutches' kittens. You can see the similarity when the little bunny tells Maid Marian that kissing is "sissy stuff".

Maybe its not that big a deal that I have never seen this movie. I don't feel like I missed much

No comments: