Thursday, September 10, 2009

All the good ones

Well first let me cover an issue I addressed in a past blog: I am no longer in any disarray with my bank. Thanks entirely in part to my dad. When he saw how dressed I was, he wrote me a check covering the balance and then some! I have such a great dad. I really do. I am so appreciative of him. I know I don't show it enough. I think I'm going to try to change that!
I also mentioned in the past that I had failed my first Psychology quiz. Ends up I wasn't the only one. In fact, half of the class didn't even take the quiz. So he allowed us to do it again... Guess what?!?! I MADE AN A!! Sarah is back! Thats much more like me. Now I have to take quiz 2. But it isn't due until Monday and its more of a factual test. (What are Axon Terminals?) I'm re-excited about class.
Speech was interesting too. We were told to make a model of communication... Talk about vague!! But ends up my group came up with a very advanced idea that blew the professor away... Until the pentacle showed up!!! Then ours became the brilliantly Satanic model. It made my night.
I didn't get lost on the bus that night either. Even though I spent forty minutes figuring out the bus schedule, I didn't even take the bus home. One of the girls from my class took me home. Super sweet of her. Guess that was one of my lucky days!

I need to correct a few things too. I believe a while back I put in that I was questioning my girlfriends devotion. Saying that it was all about the money. How cruel of me. How cruel. And how wrong. She didn't deserve any of that. My girlfriend is amazing and money doesn't matter to her in the least. She is so supportive of me when I am down and really takes care of me. She goes out of her way to do things for me quite often. Does that sound like a selfish person to you?!?! Not to me!!!

I've lost about five pounds this week! :-) I am highly excited for my small start. I have been exercising and dieting my ass off. Literally! And it looks like it is working. Five down only twenty five to go :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Axon terminals are situated away from the origin and are terminated branches of an axon. :]
Love ya

Sarah said...

My textbook defines them as: Branches at the end of an axon. Simple right? But what is an axon?
Tube-like structures that carries the neural messages to other cells

I hate this chapter!

Anonymous said...

The axon is a thread like transmitter. Well. Kinda a transmitter. It conducts electrical impulses away from the cell body (of the neuron)